Leliefontein Memorial Bursary
In 2000, The Guild of The Royal Canadian Dragoons initiated a program to recognize the 100th anniversary of the military action at Leliefontein by providing a bursary to a deserving member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons Regimental Family (defined below). The bursary will be awarded annually, with at least one award of at least $500.
All applications should be received NLT 1 September 2019.
· A serving member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons who is not receiving any government compensation for educational advancement; or
· A retired member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons; or
· A direct descendent of either a serving or retired member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons; or
· A spouse of either a serving or retired member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons;
· Able to demonstrate that the bursary would further a defined programme of self-improvement through advanced education;
· Normally, but not exclusively, the bursary will be awarded to those applicants completing high school and attending their first year of post-secondary education;
· Able to provide proof of acceptance at a post secondary educational institution; and
· In competition with new applicants, the award is renewable to previous recipients provided the applicant is academically eligible to continue.