Update: July 27 2022
Tickets for sale on an authentic Blue Jays jersey: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. It is framed, signed by Guerrero and authenticated by the Blue Jays baseball team.
Tickets: $10 each.
All proceeds donated to the Canadian Cancer Society on behalf of the Bennette Memorial Golf Tournament. Jersey will be displays at Meet & Greet on Friday, August 5 at the CFB Gagetown WO & Sgts mess, building A-9. It will also be displayed on Saturday, August 6 at the Gage Golf and Curling Club during the tournament.
For those not able to purchase tickets on site, contact Wendy Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org .
UPDATE: 09 May 22
The Regimental Family of The Royal Canadian Dragoons is proud to announce the return of the Bennett Memorial Golf Tournament for its fourth iteration during the period 5-6 August 2022. The tournament is a testament to the memory of Gordon “Busher” Bennett and his son Tim Bennett, two outstanding Dragoons lost to cancer.
This event is an excellent opportunity for all serving and retired Dragoons, friends of the Regiment and the Bennett family to gather in a social setting and enjoy some camaraderie, reminisce about our friends /family, and enjoy a round of golf with donations going to the Cancer Society.
Meet & Greet. This event will start with a no-host meet and greet on Friday night, 5 August starting at 1900 hours at the CFB Gagetown WO & Sgts Mess, building A-9.
Golfing. The tournament will start at 1300 at the Gage Golf and Curling Club, 55 Fraser Ave in Oromocto, New Brunswick on 6 August 2022.
· Tournament will be played as a 4 person scramble (best ball) with a shotgun start.
· Individual golfers or groups less than 4 will be combined to make a foursome.
· On golf day, a check-in desk will be open at 1100 hours.
· Teams are responsible for scoring, please use the honor system.
· Conduct yourselves appropriately on the golf course and obey their regulations please.
Reception. A post golfing reception location is to be confirmed but will be announced in due time.
Click here to open your registration form for completion.
Completed registration forms can be sent by email to: email@example.com.
The deadline for registration or cancellation is: 23 July 2022 so don’t delay submitting your team.
Costs. Listed costs include HST and are payable on arrival
Green Fees: Military : $41.66, Civilian: $52.50
Power Cart Rental : $24.15 (per seat)
Pull Cart Rental: $10.00
Club Rental: $24.15
Donations will be accepted separately from tournament fees either by:
· your direct donation to the Cancer Society (please donate on behalf of the Bennett Memorial Golf Tournament),
· making a donation to the Guild of the Royal Canadian Dragoons by clicking here (please donate on behalf of the Bennett Memorial Golf Tournament), or
· by making a donation to the event organizers on the tournament day.
Additionally, anyone that wishes can donate door prizes for the post-golf draw. Please bring these to the course and a table will be set up.
Dress: Please note of the club dress policy at: www.gagegolfandcurling.com/dress-code
Accommodations: For those travelling from outside the Gagetown area, the following contact information is provided as potential options but is an individual responsibility to reserve:
Base accommodations: Building D-59, CFB Gagetown. http://acims.mil.ca/org/5CDSG/default.aspx (DWAN only)
Contact: (506) 422-2000 ext 2770
Days Inn by Wyndham Oromocto Conference Centre
60 Brayson Boulevard, Oromocto, New Brunswick
Contact: (506) 801-8548